It’s week 7! I am so glad that you are here. We are fixing our concrete porch by tiling over it. Click here for Week 1 for the backstory and the design plan. Ok wow. Honestly, it does not feel like it’s been 7 weeks. I cannot believe how much we got done (and how little it feels like we got done). LOL.
This week we were on our 10th anniversary trip to Playa Del Carmen. I really didn’t think I would have a lot to write about because of that! Well, a tropical depression sat over us the entire time, so long story short, we came home a little early. However, there is a silver lining to everything; we now had time to try to catch up on the patio project.
So for this week, in two whole days we have, started the grout, prepped and hung the daybed swin, made concrete planters with poles in them for the string lights to attach to, and wired/prepped for the string lights (in the attic)
For these planters, it took *almost two bags of concrete mix each. Ben made this contraption with the ladder to hold the pole level and steady while we added the concrete and it cured.
Be sure to check out the other guest participants in their last week!! https://www.oneroomchallenge.com/blog/orcspring2021wk7