High end facials and lash extensions are my career ❤️ I love providing these luxury services to women, but sometimes you want to save money or don’t have time to come in. Here’s a few types and a protocol to follow to get a spa like facial at home!
First, grab these items and have them ready. This makes the facial easier and more relaxing when you are not searching for products.
- Exfoliating Mask/Scrub
- Hydrating or Anti Aging Mask
- Hot towels/wash cloths
- or a Steamer (see link below)
- Serum or Night Creme
- Chill Radio Playlist
- Candles or essential oils diffuser
Light the candles, get that playlist loaded and heat up about 3-4 wet hand towels. (You could let them soak in VERY HOT water). My secret in all my facials is to add a couple drops of my favorite essential oil to my water for the towels. It’s HEAVEN when you lay a warm, lavender towel on your face. Shhhhh. 😘
- Apply cleanser in an upward circular motion. Rinse with a warm towel.
- Apply toner.
- Steam your skin 🧖♀️ this opens your pores, allowing them to soften, clean out and accept products more efficiently. There are multiple ways this could be done. You can order this Facial Steamer from amazon or one similar. OR You can lay 1-2 very hot wet towels on your skin. Be careful not to get them too hot 💗 Or you can always jump in the hot shower and then finish your facial after that.
- Apply an exfoliating mask or scrub. Follow instructions on your labels, normally letting it sit for 2-10 minutes. Rinse with another warm towel.
- Apply a hydrating or anti aging mask. Let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse with a fresh warm towel.
- Apply your favorite day or night serum in upward, soft motions. At this time you can apply eye creams also. LET DRY.
- If it is day, you can apply your favorite tinted moisturizer/SPF.
It’s that simple ladies 💗 Enjoy your spa day/night in.
In my next skincare post, I will be covering my favorite skincare products! Look for a few of them on my insta stories 💗💗 @terranelsonblog